The present church was built at the end of the 13th century, when the chancel was established. Expansion was made in the second half of the fifteenth century for a nave and a tower. During the Thirty Years War in 1640, it was almost completely burned down. After the fire, the sacristy was rebuilt and chapels were erected on the sides of the chancel. The nave and the vault were also rebuilt from gothic to baroque. Rebuilt in 1651, the church was again destroyed from a lightning strike in 1655. The tower suffered particularly severe damage, for the second time destroyed in 1781, from a lightning strike. Rebuilt, it was raised and surrounded by galleries with a conical, shingle roof. In 1864, the tower was destroyed again. In 1865 the western gable was renovated and the tower was added 9 meters. The last internal restaurant was carried out in 1956 and in the 80s of the last century.
The church is made of brick with the use of zendrówka and stone in the ground. On the outside it is buttressed, which is characteristic of the gothic style. The walls of the chancel are fragmented with pilasters, aisles with wall pillars. The nave is wider and higher than the chancel, it has four bays. Two porches lead to the church: bigger than from the west and smaller from the south. In the chancel there are gothic sedilia, probably from the fourteenth century, ended by three, three-leaf arches hanging on stone brackets.
Website wikipedia.org, Kościół Wniebowzięcia Najświętszej Maryi Panny w Niemodlinie.