The church in the Teutonic Order’s Niedźwiedzica was built in the 14th century, most probably in the years 1342-1360. The post-visitation report from 1647 shows that the church had a timber tower at the time. In 1660, during the Polish-Swedish war, it was partially burned. In 1823, the timber frame wall of the western gable, the roof and three buttresses were repaired. In 1854, more works were carried out, because the church had damp walls and a strained structure of a wooden tower. A year later, as a result of the levee damage, the flood destroyed the tower and part of the eastern gable. For this reason, the authorities have allowed the dismantling of its remnants. In 1858, the southern vestibule was added and a detached wooden belfry was erected. In 1995 a new, ugly and poorly harmonious with the original building, a brick tower was built.
The Gothic, exceptionally unorientated church was created on the plan of an elongated rectangle with the sacristy from the west. The nave was built of bricks in the flemish bond, the south wall was formerly half-timbered, now it turned into a brick wall. The church’s corpus was covered with a high gable roof, descending on the sacristy. From the north there is a gothic gable, decorated with blendes and pinnacles and two small window openings. The walls are reinforced with buttresses and pierced with ogival windows. The aisleless interior has a flat timber ceiling. In 1996, two separate compositions of gothic wall polychromes were discovered on the wall of the chancel.
Website zabytek.pl, Kościół par. pw. św. Jakuba Niedźwiedzica.