The church together with the monastery was built in the second half of the 13th century and served as a court temple of often staying in Myślibórz, the margrave Albrecht III. In 1433, the Hussites completely destroyed the church, however, it was rebuilt in a few dozen years, because in 1470 a congress of Neumark states took place there.
The monastery was closed with the introduction of the Reformation by margrave Jan of Kostrzyn. According to the chronicles, the convent was finally closed in 1547. In the years 1539-1593, the church served as the lutheran parish church because of the destruction of the collegiate church, caused by the fire.
In 1635, the vaults of three eastern spans of the church collapsed. The spans were no longer rebuilt, but the church was shortened by about 20 meters. In 1717, the tower collapsed, destroying the vaults of the western spans of the temple. The reconstruction was carried out in the years 1734-38, when the vaults were replaced with ceilings. In the nineteenth century, only four nave spanes served the sacred functions. The remaining part was used as a barracks and a granary. In the years 1927-28 a general renovation of the building was carried out, adapting it to the fulfillment of secular functions.
The convent had the form of a quadrangle with three wings of the monastery and a church. The temple is a brick building, orientated, aisleless, originally 8-span, ended polygonally from the east. In the western part there is a half-timbered tower from 1738. The entrance from the north is a two-door portal from around 1300.
Two rooms have been preserved from the monastery buildings, covered with diamond and palm vaults supported on one pillar. It is presumed that there could be a refectory or a kitchen in these rooms. The first floor was intended for monks.
At present, the church without a presbytery and the west wing of the monastery foundation have been partially preserved, with two rooms covered with diamond vaults and palm vaults and rib vault above the hallway. In the ground floor of the southern façade there are partially transformed ogival arcades of windows. The Myślibórz Cultural Center and the Municipal and Poviat Library have their seats in monastery buildings.
Pilch.J, Kowalski S., Leksykon zabytków Pomorza Zachodniego i ziemi lubuskiej, Warszawa 2012.
Website wikipedia.org, Klasztor Dominikanów w Myśliborzu.