In the light of archaeological research, it can be assumed that the castle in Myślenice was established at the turn of the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries. The existence of the stronghold is confirmed by a document from 1342 listing the customs chamber functioning here, charging fees from merchants traveling along the Krakow – Hungary route. The burgraves of the royal castle are mention in written sources since 1399. In 1457, the mercenaries of Kawka and the Świebowski brothers, who demanded payment of arrears, fortified themselves in the town. However, the castle did not play any role in the battles of the royal army with the rebels. This could indicate that it was no longer in use. The final destruction occurred in the sixteenth or the nineteenth century, when it was blown up.
The main element of the castle was a free-standing, cylindrical tower built of local sandstone. Its base had a diameter of 10 meters, and the interior was 2,5 meters. It was erected in the eastern part of the cape, cut off from the plateau by two deep ditches and an earth rampart. It is possible that there were wooden fortifications in the form of a palisade at the edges of the hill.
To this day, only the remains of the blown up tower have remained.
Leksykon zamków w Polsce, L.Kajzer, S.Kołodziejski, J.Salm, Warszawa 2003.