The church was built in the last quarter of the 13th century, and it was first recorded indirectly in 1305, when a local parish priest named Nicolaus was mentioned. In the second half of the sixteenth century it was rebuilt, among other, a tower was added on the western side, which in 1882 was additionally crowned with a brick top. In the years 1528-1668, the church was used by Evangelicals. In the 17th and 18th centuries, the temple was enlarged by a sacristy, a porch and a mausoleum, and unfortunately most of the windows were transformed.
The church was erected as an orientated building, built of erratic stones and partly of bricks used in the window openings. Originally it consisted of a rectangular nave and a narrower four-sided chancel, ended with a straight wall. Later, a late-medieval four-sided tower was added from the west. The main parts of the church were covered with gable roofs. The nave with internal dimensions of 15.6 x 9.6 meters was covered with a wooden, flat ceiling, and the presbytery with a size of 9.2 x 7.4 meters had originally a wooden barrel vault, replaced at the end of the Middle Ages with a net vault. During this reconstruction, the chancel walls were slightly raised and the roof slope was changed to a slightly milder.
The church has retained its original layout and original perimeter walls, although the chapel, porch and sacristy are early modern additions. Two original ogival portals and windows in the eastern and northern walls of the presbytery have survived, the others were enlarged in the Baroque period. From the original decoration and equipment the Gothic polychromy, three late Gothic altars, including the main altar made by the master from Gościszowice, two stone fonts from the sixteenth century, a wooden statue of the Holy Mother from the fifteenth century, and a crucifix from the beginning of the sixteenth century has preserved. In the wall surrounding the church, survived the relics of the defense tower from about 1600.
Kowalski S., Zabytki architektury województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2010.
Kozaczewski T., Wiejskie kościoły parafialne XIII wieku na Śląsku, t. 2, Wrocław 1994.
Pilch J., Kowalski S., Leksykon zabytków Pomorza Zachodniego i ziemi lubuskiej, Warszawa 2012.