The current town hall in Malbork was erected in the years 1365-1380 in the place of an earlier building. Already at the end of the 15th century it had to be rebuilt after the destruction of the Thirteen Years War. Another major repairs had to be carried out in 1901, after the city fire of 1899. Until 1919, the building served the needs of the municipal self-government, and after its transfer to the New Town Hall, some rooms were used by the police. Currently, the Town House of Culture is located in the town hall.
The Malbork Town Hall was built on the eastern frontage of the town square, on a rectangular plan, as a building with a basement, with a ground floor, first floor and an attic. It was covered with a gable roof with two decorative gables and a turret in the center of the ridge. The corners of the façade from the side of the market square were distinguished by polygonal bartizans, and the upper part of the eastern wall was crowned with a decorative battlement, below which there was a row of large pointed arcades housing the windows of the first floor. The ground floor of the building from the market square side was opened with a cloister with five pointed arcades. Inside, on the first floor of the building, there were counciland court rooms.
Pawlak R., Polska. Zabytkowe ratusze, Warszawa 2003.
Website wikipedia.org, Ratusz w Malborku.