The church was probably erected in the fourth quarter of the 14th century, because the income for its construction was received in the years 1372-1374 from the Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights, Winrych von Kniprode, who also granted the village a privilege in 1366. In the first stage a nave was built, the tower was added around 1400, and it was raised at the end of the 15th century. In 1525, the temple was taken over by evangelics and soon became the branch church of the church in Garbno. In the 19th century, the building damaged by the gale was restored, then neo-gothic gables were erected and a new roof was laid. After the Second World War, the church was taken over by Catholics.
The church is an orientated, aisleless building, made of bricks on a erratic stones foundation. It was erected on a rectangular plan with dimensions of 23 x 10 meters with a tower in the western part, built on a plan similar to a square, 4 x 4.32 meters in size, with a sacristy on the northern side and an opposite porch. The nave was covered with a wooden flat ceiling, later polychrome.
The church is a good example of a small Gothic village sacral building that did not undergo any significant transformations in the early modern period. Inside, a late Gothic triptych from around 1500 and stalls from the 15th century have been preserved.
Rzempołuch A., Przewodnik po zabytkach sztuki dawnych Prus Wschodnich, Olsztyn 1992.
Website wikipedia.org, Lwowiec.