The existence of the church was recorded in documents since 1320. It served as the seat of the Lubań parish, and the convent of Sanctae Mariae Magdalenae de Poenitentia had patronage over it. In the 15th century, the late Romanesque building was rebuilt, thanks to which it received Gothic features. Church was destroyed in a fire in 1760 and has never been rebuilt. Its ruins were pulled down in 1879, only the towers were left.
Since the Gothic rebuilding, the church was a hall structure orientated towards the sides of the world. It had three aisles and a polygonal ended chancel. The southern aisle was extended to the height of the end of the chancel, while on its northern side there was also a polygonal sacristy or chapel, covered inside with a net vault. On the west side there was a slender four-sided tower, with the top turning into an octagon. Originally, only two of its sides were exposed, namely the south and the west, but from the south it was adjacent to the chapel of Holy Cross. The remaining walls were directly connected to the main nave of the church. There was also a porch and a side chapel at the southern facade of the building. The entire nave and chancel were reinforced with buttresses, between which pointed windows were pierced.
Today, the only visible element of the former church is the tower known as the Trinitarian Tower, a belfry standing in the midst of an empty square and modern residential buildings. Its interior is not open to the public, and the façades are neglected and require renovation (damaged frieze, peeling plaster, missing shafts in some windows).
Pilch J., Leksykon zabytków architektury Dolnego Śląska, Warszawa 2005.
Website luban.pl, Wieża Trynitarska.