The parish church in Łabędnik was built in the late 14th century in the gothic style. The patronage over it was held by the owners of urban goods. In the fifteenth century, a tower was added. In 1525, the Reformation was introduced and from then on the church served evangelicals until the end of the Second World War.
The church is an aisleless, orientated building, made of bricks and erratic stones, with a tower on the west side, a funerary chapel on the north and a porch on the south side. The chancel is not externally separated from the nave, and the tower is partially built into the nave of the church. It was decorated with gables with plastered blendes, just like the eastern wall, topped with a magnificent stepped gable with pyramidal blendes. All the nave’s elevations were reinforced with buttresses. The interior at the end of the 15th century was covered with colorful figural polychromes (figures of the apostles).
Inside the church, preserved in good condition, there are relics of a Gothic altar, transformed in the 16th and 17th centuries. In the setting of the main altar, bas-reliefs and figures of apostles from the beginning of the 15th century were used. On the side walls, fragments of Gothic polychrome have been exposed.
Rzempołuch A., Przewodnik po zabytkach sztuki dawnych Prus Wschodnich, Olsztyn 1992.
Website wikipedia.org, Kościół Matki Boskiej Zwycięskiej w Łabędniku.