The gothic church in Kurkocin was built before 1319, when the parson was mentioned for the first time. The first time written sources recorded the church only in 1414. It was rebuilt and renovated several times. In the 17th century, a sacristy was added on its northern side.
The church was built of bricks using a zendrówka on a stone foundation. The shape of the church was erected on a rectangular plan, with a square tower passing through the octagonal part of the roof. At the place where the northern wall of the tower and the west side of the nave meet, there is a stair turret leading to the tower floor. The walls of the nave are topped with a plastered frieze, and the eastern wall with a triangular gable (transformed in the nineteenth century). The window and door openings of the nave are pointed. The entrance to the undertower porch is closed semicircularly. Under the tower there is an pointed, richly profiled portal, and in the southern wall there is a trace of the walled portal. The interior of the church was covered with a barrel vault in the 16th century, and the space under the tower was topped with a rib vault.
Mroczko T., Architektura gotycka na ziemi chełmińskiej, Warszawa 1980.