The church was founded from the Benedictine foundation in the mid-fifteenth century. After 1515, a nave was added to the presbytery. It was renovated in the 19th and 20th centuries. Among others, around 1824, after the collapse of the vaults, timber ceilings were established.
The church was built on a small hill on the north side of the town square. It is a Gothic building, orientated, built of bricks in the flemish bond. It has one nave with three bays and a chancel with two bays, ended triangular. The facade has an octagonal turret. At the chancel from the north there is a sacristy, and from the south there is a porch. From the outside, the nave, sacristy, porch and presbytery were surrounded with buttresses. The interior is illuminated by ogival windows in plastered slits. The church is covered with a gable roof and a single-sided roof over sacristy.
Maluśkiewicz P., Gotyckie kościoły w Wielkopolsce, Poznań 2008.
Website zabytek.pl, Kościół pw. św. Mikołaja Krzywiń.