The parish in Kryniczno was mentioned for the first time in 1305, however the present church was erected only in the fifteenth century. In the years 1913-1916, it was enlarged by two symmetrical side chapels and a chancel. In 1945 it was damaged and renovated a year later.
The gothic part of the church is a simple, one-nave building erected on a rectangular plan with buttresses in the corners and a modest brick western portal. The western gable is decorated with large, whitewashed blendes with two small window openings. The northern wall is devoid of windows, in the south there are elongated pointed windows.