The romanesque church of St. Martin dates from the second half of the 12th century. It has undergone many changes for centuries. Around 1512, it was rebuilt in the late gothic style from the foundation of bishop Jan Lubrański. The romanesque nave has been extended westwards, partly of brick, partly with the use of sandstone coming from the demolished facade. Then, from the north, the sacristy and the treasury were added. At the beginning of the 18th century it was burned by the Swedes, then rebuilt, burned again in 1792 and enlarged in 1859. Then it obtained a new, ugly western façade.
The church was built on a rectangular plan of granite and sandstone. From the romanesque period, the apse, walls of the chancel and the lower parts of the nave walls have been preserved. From the south you can see a walled romanesque portal. The remains of walled, pointed windows and medieval house marks are preserved on the buttressed walls.
Jarzewicz J., Kościoły romańskie w Polsce, Kraków 2014.
Webpage zabytek.pl, Kościół katolicki pw. św. Marcina Biskupa Kazimierz Biskupi.