The church was created along with the parish in the first half of the 14th century. It was probably destroyed during Polish-Teutonic fights in the first half of the fifteenth century. Its second consecration took place in the second half of the fifteenth century. In 1926, a neo-Baroque presbytery was added to the medieval building.
The church was built of bricks on a plinth of erratic stones. It is an aisleless building on a rectangular plan, without an externally separated chancel. From the west side, a four-sided, lofty tower was added. Its facades are decorated with longitudinal blendes and topped with two gables with pinnacles. The nave was reinforced with numerous buttresses, between which windows were placed. The eastern side is crowned with a Gothic gable.