The church of St. George in Kałków was built around the middle of the 13th century. The parish priest in the village was mentioned in 1295, the church itself was recorded only in 1300. In the 18th century, the chapel was added from the north side, and in the nineteenth century, the western porch. In the first half of the 20th century it was again rebuilt: this time the presbytery was extended considerably.
It is a romanesque-gothic temple built of brick in the monk bond and sandstone in decorative and construction elements, on the plan of an isosceles cross, with a tower over a single-span nave, transept and chancel, flanked by two annexes. The medieval spatial arrangement of the building has been preserved to this day. Only the eastern wall was demolished, during the addition of the corpus, prolonging the presbytery in 1931-1932. In the southern part of the transept there is an early-gothic portal.
The walls of the church are lined with pilaster strips resembling a reduced buttresses, and the chancel is surrounded by a cornice. The massive tower is finished with an arcaded frieze and battlement. The interiors are covered with groin and rib vaults. On the northern wall of the presbytery, figural polychromes from the end of the 14th century are preserved, slightly younger, from the second half of the XV century, are located on the top wall of the southern transept.
Jarzewicz J., Kościoły romańskie w Polsce, Kraków 2014.
Pilch J, Leksykon zabytków architektury Górnego Śląska, Warszawa 2008.