St. Jadwiga’s church in Jerzmanowo, subordinate to the parish in Żerniki, was first recorded in written sources in 1316, when the patronage over the temple was exercised by the owner of the village. The property of Jerzmanowo was than owned by the Knight Hospitallers commandry of Corpus Christi in Wrocław until 1810. Shortly before the creation of the aforementioned document, a chancel was erected, probably initially constituting an independent temple. Only in the second half of the 15th century, the nave, tower and sacristy were added. At the end of the 16th century, the southern porch was built and the tower was raised. In 1529, the church was taken over by the Evangelicals for over a hundred years. In 1706, a new sacristy was built, and in 1835 the galleries were extended. Information on the renovation of the equipment was provided in 1852, and six years later the belfry was repaired. In 1891, the tower, in danger of collapse, was reinforced.
The church was situated in the center of the village, on the northern side of the route leading east to Wrocław and at the same time on the northern side of the small river Ryńka, in the area surrounded by a cemetery, fenced with an oval stone wall. It was built of brick laid in a Flemish bond, with the facades varied with dark, heavily burnt zendrówka heads.
At the end of the Middle Ages, the church of St. Hedwig has the form of a Gothic aisleless building with a separate, narrower chancel on a rectangular plan. On the west side, a four-sided tower was placed on the facade axis. Like the chancel, it was reinforced with stepped buttresses, while at the tower they were situated perpendicularly to each other, and at an angle at the chancel. On the north side of the chancel there was a Gothic sacristy from the 15th century, while at the southern wall of the nave there was a porch from the 16th century built.
The interior of the two-bay chancel features a cross-rib vault and a Gothic sacramentary from the 15th / 16th century. The nave was probably originally covered with a flat, wooden beam ceiling. The lighting was provided by pointed windows, high, probably originally relatively narrow. The presbytery window illuminating the altar from the east, traditionally was distinguished. It was filled with a two-light tracery with two trefoils, above which a quatrefoil was placed.
The church retained its Gothic shape and the layout obtained at the end of the 15th century, only the sacristy was to be rebuilt, and a porch was added to the south, and an annex was added on the southern side of the tower. Except for one, the windows in the nave were transformed, it were enlarged and covered with plastered bands. The interior of the church with its furnishings, especially in the nave, underwent baroqueization.
Antkowiak Z., Kościoły Wrocławia, Wrocław 1991.
Pilch J., Leksykon zabytków architektury Dolnego Śląska, Warszawa 2005.