The church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Iwkowa was erected at the end of the 15th century, on the site of an older, 14th-century church (the first mention of the village belonging to the royal property appeared in a document from 1334). In 1619, church was enlarged by the addition of a small tower, and its interior was decorated with polychromes.
The church is a orientated building towards the sides of the world, erected in a log construction, without the use of nails. It consists of a rectangular, square-like nave, a three-side ended chancel on the east side and a low tower in a pole construction added from the west. On the north side of the chancel there is a small sacristy. The church has preserved a Gothic shape with a high, steep roof, also common for the tower. Inside, flat ceilings were used and the upper parts of the walls of the presbytery were connected to the roof structure by means of hooks. Two valuable portals topped with trefoli arches from the fifteenth century have preserved in nave.
The most valuable monuments of preserved medieval church equipment are: a crucifix and the figures of Our Lady and John the Evangelist from the 15th century. Fragments of the late Renaissance figural polychrome have also survived to our times. In the window of the presbytery there was a stained glass from the first half of the 15th century, but it was moved to the Diocesan Museum in Tarnów, and a copy was placed in its place.
Cisowski B., Duda M., Szlak architektury drewnianej. Małopolska, Kraków 2005.
Krasnowolski B., Leksykon zabytków architektury Małopolski, Warszawa 2013.