The church of St. John the Baptist in Grzegorzowice in its oldest part contains the late romanesque rotunda. Its over one-meter-thick walls, now a chancel of the church, were formerly dated even at the end of the 11th century. Recent research, however, change construction to the second half of the 13th or even to the beginning of the 14th century. In the oldest known record from 1334-1336, included in the papacy’s tithe, it was described as “ecclesia nova”, hence the assumption, that it was established shortly before that date. According to the chronicler Jan Długosz, the founder of the church was Nawoj Topór.
Before 1627, the nave and the sacristy were added to the rotunda, and in 1633 the consecration was made. In 1845, church was already in such bad condition that it was planned to be completely renovated. These intentions were not realized, which in 1851 led to the collapse of the roof and the closure of the church for the congregation. In 1854 the temple was rebuilt and a sacristy was erected next to it. In 1932, another thorough restaurant was carried out, combined with the display of the romanesque walls and the reconstruction of the tracery of the apse window.
The rotunda is made of stone, on the plan of the circle with the semi-circular apse placed from the east. In the apse there is a round window with a four-leaf gothic tracery. From the south side of the rotunda, there are two, semicircular ended, romanesque windows. Inside the church there is a stone baptismal font from the fourteenth century.