The bricked church of St. Lawrence was built in the first half of the 16th century after the previous wooden church was burnt. At the end of the 18th century, the building was closed due to very poor technical condition and the risk of collapse. Because of this, it underwent very serious reconstruction in 1817, 1896 and at the beginning of the 20th century. During the works from 1935 – 1936, a transverse nave and aisles were added, a new chancel was erected, and the interior was covered with a barrel vault. These works have blurred the original architectural shape of the temple.
The late-gothic character was preserved only by the western façade of the church, topped with a later, plastered gable and the tower adjoining it from the north.
Maluśkiewicz P., Gotyckie kościoły w Wielkopolsce, Poznań 2008.
Webpage wikipedia.org, Kościół św. Wawrzyńca w Gnieźnie.