The Gothic parish church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary was built in the second half of the 14th century, and the local parish priest was first recorded in 1372. After 1466, under the patronage of the Eulenburg family, it was enlarged by a nave and a bell tower, then raised around 1500. In 1726, Botho Eulenburg founded a library above the sacristy, which in the 19th century had already several thousand volumes. The church was partially rebuilt and renovated in 1856-1858. From 1525 to 1945, it served Evangelicals, after the Second World War it was again taken by Catholics.
It is a orientated church, aisleless with a separate, straight ended chancel. It was built on a rectangular plan of erratic stones and bricks. From the north there is a porch and a chapel, while from the west there is a square, four-storey tower with a porch in the ground floor, to which an pointed portal leads. At the entrance, iron stocks were embedded. The tower has been decorated with plastered blendes and intersecting arches of traceries and neo-gothic gables. The whole was covered with a gable roof on the axis parallel to the roof of the tower. The walls of the nave with the exception of the north façade were divided with pointed windows and reinforced with buttresses. They were topped with stepped gables.
Rzempołuch A., Przewodnik po zabytkach sztuki dawnych Prus Wschodnich, Olsztyn 1992.
Webpage leksykonkultury.ceik.eu, Kościół pw. Wniebowzięcia Najświętszej Marii Panny w Galinach.