The church was built in the first half of the 16th century from the Poznań bishops foundation. In 1758, it was destroyed by a fire, later it was renovated. In 1903-04, it was extended by one bay in the westerly direction, and in the years 1912-13, a side aisle and sacristy were added from the north.
The church is an aisleless building, three-side ended from the east. The vaults of the gothic part are net-stellar in three bays, and stellar in the fourth bay.
Grzybkowski A., Gotycka architektura murowana w Polsce, Warszawa 2016.