The church was built in 1321, although the first works began at the end of the thirteenth century, most likely on the initiative of the Cistercians. Its first major modernization took place in the fifteenth century, the second in the sixteenth century, and another in the 1860s, when a chapel was added to the medieval building.
The temple is a gothic, brick church, single nave with a separate, three-sided chancel and a massive tower from the west. A four-sided, 15th-century sacristy adheres to the nave. The walls of the nave and chancel are supported by buttresses. Inside, there is a stoup from the 14th century.