The church of the Holy Spirit was built in the years 1280-1290 as a hospital temple, serving primarily for the nurslings of the adjacent, southern hospital. It was mentioned for the first time only in 1311, but the hospital and church metric is certainly much older, as evidenced by the 13th-century monk brick bond, used during construction. In the Middle Ages, the Teutonic Order was the patron of the hospitals in the Teutonic state. In later times, a separate rectory was established at the church, which in the 17th and 18th centuries were held by the Chełmno parish priests. The hospital existed until 1828, and then when it was moved, the old buildings were demolished. Then also the church of the Holy Spirit ceased to serve liturgical purposes. Since 2003, the exhibition has been organized in the church by knights from the Chełmno Land Banner.
The church is an aisleless structure on a rectangular plan with a length of 30 meters and a width of 9.1 meters. At the beginning of the 14th century, a tower was added from the west. It is built on a square plan, five-storey, with a diagonal buttress in the northern corner. A gothic portal in the western facade leads to the church. The pointed windows in the northern façade are regularly arranged and grouped in the south part. On this façade, there are numerous putlog holes and bricked up openings on the ceiling beams, testifying to the existence of buildings once adjacent to the church. The south façade also has a bricked-in pointed, portal. The east facade has one high window, on its sides there are pairs of pointed blendes.
Inside the church there are many gothic paintings. Older from the fourteenth century, depict an unidentified male figure, probably Saint Christopher. A bit later, from the fifteenth century, depict the scenes of the Visitation and the Last Supper, as well as St. Mary Magdalene.
Webpage icimss.edu.pl, Chełmno – kościół pw. Ducha Świętego.
Webpage odznaka.kuj-pom.bydgoszcz.pttk.pl, Kościół Ducha Świętego w Chełmnie.