Parish church of Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Nicholas is located in the eastern part of the old town. In this place, in the 13th century, there was a wooden church of Saint Dorothy, and in 1298 a gothic church stood, which was destroyed during the Hussite wars in 1429. The current temple was founded from 1442 until the 16th century. The main construction lasted in the years 1482-1492. During the 30-year war in 1642, the church burnt down, after which it was rebuilt with interiors in the baroque style. It underwent another modernization in the 19th century.
The church is made of stone. It is a three-nave pseudobasilica with a two-nave chancel ended with a pentagonal. A two-storey sacristy adjoins the north, and from the south an open porch and four chapels, built at the beginning of the 16th century. On the west there is a tower, square in the ground floor, and octagonal on the fourth floor. The chancel has a rib vault, and the central nave – barrel vault. The walls of the building from the north and east are reinforced with buttresses. Unfortunately the interior of the church is mostly baroque.
Pilch J, Leksykon zabytków architektury Dolnego Śląska, Warszawa 2005.