Rosenbeck castle, owned by archbishop’s vassals, the Rozen family, appeared in historical sources in a document from 1372. In 1385, the owner of the castle, Voldemar Rozens, was mentioned. In the fifteenth century, due to the lack of Rozen heirs, the building often changed owners. In the years 1489-1508 it was owned by the brothers Evold, Bartholomew and Andrew Patkula, and the next owner was Jorg Krīdeners. At the beginning of the 17th century, the castle was burned during the Polish-Swedish wars. In 1624, repairs were made and new buildings were also built. Eventually, the castle burnt down in 1907, after which it was not repaired.
The castle consisted of a rectangular building, surrounded by also a rectangular defensive wall with two corner cylindrical towers.
Until today only a ruined, single tower has been preserved. The remains of earth ramparts are also visible. Entrance to the ruins is free.