The Mujāni castle was built by the vassal of archbishop of Riga, the von Rozen family, at the end of the 15th century or at the beginning of the 16th century, although the local lands were mentioned in written sources as early as the end of the 14th century. During the Polish-Swedish wars of the seventeenth century it passed from hand to hand. Eventually, it was destroyed during the Great Northern War at the beginning of the 18th century.
The walls of the castle formed a quadrilateral with a side of about 37.5 meters. On the northern side, the most vulnerable to threats, in the corners there were two round towers. Their diameter was 13 meters, and the wall thickness was 3 meters. The original height of the towers is unknown, but one of it has been preserved until today to about 9 meters. The main gate in the four-sided tower was in the south-eastern part. From the south, the castle was protected by a high mountain slope, at the foot of which a lake was located slightly on the west side. There were only a few stone buildings within the perimeter wall, most of the buildings were made of wood or in half-timbered technology.
To this day, only the north-western tower, known as the White Tower, has survived. There are also relics of the wall nearby. The tower is covered with a wooden protection structure.
Tuulse A., Die Burgen in Estland und Lettland, Dorpat 1942.
Website zudusilatvija.lv, Mujāni. Viduslaiku pilsdrupas. Baltais tornis.