The castle was probably built at the turn of the 14th and 15th centuries, possibly on the initiative of the Kudeseldide family, to defend during the troubled times of peasant uprisings. Between 1451 and 1455, it belonged to the Teutonic Order, and at the beginning of the 16th century to the burgrave J. Vian. It was then also rebuilt. It is believed that the castle was destroyed during the Livonian War.
The castle was built of limestone on a rectangular plan, it had a tower-like look and had a basement. The walls were almost 2 meters thick. The whole was surrounded by an additional stone wall and an irrigated moat.
The castle has been preserved in the form of a ruin with walls reaching a few meters high. Fragments of the castle’s moat are also visible. Entrance to the monument is free.