The church was built at the end of the 14th century by Henzmanus Izenrinkel at the hospital for the elderly and disabled miners. In the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, the building experienced many disasters, for some time it even served as a mosque for the Turks who conquered the town. Also during the Reformation it changed owners several times. Catholics finally regained it only in 1706. In 1893, the building was renovated.
The church was built as a simple aisleless structure with a polygonal presbytery of the same width as the nave and a southern annex. In the western facade there is a Gothic pointed, moulded entrance portal, a quatrefoil rosette and the coat of arms of the founder Henzman Izenrinkel, above which a narrow window opening illuminating the attic was pierced. The chancel was reinforced with buttresses from the outside, thanks to which it was possible to establish a rib vault inside.
Website apsida.sk, Nová Baňa – špitálsky kostol.