St. John the Baptist’s church was erected at the end of the 13th or the beginning of the 14th century, with a construction workshop from the monastery in Kláštor pod Znievom, and the first reconstructions were carried out around 1430. In the 17th century, the tower was renovated and transformed.
The church was built in a gothic style with a rectangular nave, a narrower, square chancel and a sacristy on the north side. The latter received a very unusual form for rural churches, as it was designed as a two-story building, with rooms connected by stone stairs in the thickness of the wall. The interior of the church was originally illuminated by very narrow and high windows (eastern wall of the chancel), larger two-light windows with simple tracery (southern wall of the chancel), while a very narrow and simple, chamfered entrance portal was set on the southern side of the nave. The northern elevations of the church, in line with the medieval building tradition, were devoid of openings. Inside, the presbytery was covered with a rib vault with a boss decorated with an ornament, while the nave was covered with a wooden ceiling.
Website apsida.sk, Ivančiná.