The first information about the church comes from the documents of the archdiocese of Głogów. It follows from them that in Krzpielów already in 1399 there was a church. The present gothic – renaissance St. Martin’s church was erected at the beginning of the 16th century. In 1599 the presbytery and the chapel, which today is the sacristy, were added to the nave of the temple.
The church is made of bricks and glacial erratic stones, aisleless, founded on the plan of an elongated rectangle, with a short separated presbytery ended by a straight wall. A square tower with an pointed entrance adjoins the church from the west. From the south adheres the sacristy, crowned like a presbytery with a wavy, renaissance gable.