The church was erected in a village belonging to the Teutonic Order, probably shortly after the location in the fourteenth century. It burned down during the Polish-Teutonic war in 1414, and was later rebuilt in the fifteenth century. In the 17th century, a tower was added to it. In 1945, the church burned down during the war and has not been rebuilt to this day.
The church is a gothic building erected on a rectangular plan, in the lower parts of field stone, in higher brick ones. The corners of the nave were reinforced with buttresses, the north, south and east façades were pierced with narrow, longitudinal ogival windows. To the west side, tower decorated with blendes have been added.