The church was built in the second half of the 13th century. As it was lying in the areas close to the sea, its patron was Saint Nicholas, the patron of merchants and sailors. In 1658 it was destroyed during the Russo-Swedish War, and the reconstruction was carried out only in the eighteenth century. During World War II, the church suffered damages again.
The temple consists of a rectangular nave and a narrower and shorter chancel, sacristy on the north side and a tower added from the west. The nave and the chancel are covered with separate gable roofs. The walls were pierced with long, narrow lancet windows.