Kullamaa – St John’s Church

History

St. John’s church in Kullamaa was built at the end of the 13th century, and in the fourteenth century it was vaulted. Over the next centuries, it was significantly expanded. In 1752 the sacristy was erected, in 1774 the building was reinforced with side buttresses, in 1865 a polygonal presbytery was added, and in 1870 a neo-gothic tower on the western side was erected.

Architecture

The original medieval church was a simple, aisleless building on a rectangular plan.

show this monument on map

return to alphabetical index