The Boverton settlement was founded in the 11th century during the reign of William the Conqueror. The construction of the castle or defensive court at the beginning of the twelfth century is attributed to Robert Fitzhamon, Baron of Gloucester and the Norman conqueror of Glamorgan in South Wales. Around 1587, the castle was completely rebuilt by Roger Seys, landowner and general attorney of Wales. The Seys family played a significant role in the seventeenth-century Glamorgan, but moved out of the castle at the end of the seventeenth century, which led the castle to fall and ruin. The last inhabitants of the Boverton mansion were registered in 1861.
The 16th-century Boverton court house was erected from the local limestone. It consisted of a square-shaped building probably tower-like with a shorter wing added with a corner tower housing a staircase and a rectangular residential building.
Currently, the court is in a state of ruin, preserved with the majority of walls, up to its original height. Unfortunately, it is not secured and suitable for sightseeing.
Boverton. Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan, The Vale of Glamorgan, 2009.