The church was erected in the middle of the 13th century, and in the 14th century it was rebuilt. Destroyed during Hussite invasions in the 15th century.
The chapel was built of local unworked porphyry, with the corners of the building reinforced with larger stone blocks. It did not have a tower, had a rectangular nave and a polygonaly ended chancel.
Only a part of the gable wall and south-western corner of the church have survived. Admission to the ruins area is free.
Świechowski Z., Architektura na Śląsku do połowy XIII wieku, Warszawa 1955.
Website swierzawa.pl, kaplica św. Katarzyny.