The history of the first crossing connecting the two banks of the Nysa Kłodzka river, still wooden, dates back to the Middle Ages. The present stone bridge was begun to be erected in 1515. Already in 1589 it underwent renovation or reconstruction, and its present appearance is due to the partial reconstruction from 1908. Destroyed in 1945 by escaping Germans, it was rebuilt in 1950. In 1997, the bridge resisted the great flood, the culmination of which measured 11 meters. The river then flowed over the top of the building, breaking some of the stone slabs.
The bridge is a stone structure, erected on five semicircular arcades with arches in the order of 6, 10, 12, 12 and 6 meters, and set on huge pillars with cutwaters from the side of the flowing river stream.
Pilch J., Leksykon zabytków architektury Dolnego Śląska, Warszawa 2005.
Webpage szlakikulturowe.dolnyslask.pl, Bardo Śląskie – most na Nysie Kłodzkiej.